Argyll first car in Llangollen?

I have a news paper article about my grandfather whos name was David Sturrock Knox. Read More...
Comments

Re: Should we call our sport car Argyll

You will see on this site that there was an attempt to bring back the Argyll name for a sports car produced in Lochgilphead in Argyll, during the 1970s. Read More...
Comments

Should we call our sports car Argyll

Hello there, I have always been interested by the Scottish motor manufacturing industry, thankfully Albion is still alive in Scotstoun all be it just making axles. Read More...
Comments

Grandfather delivered a car to Wales

My grandfather, George Andrew, who was resident in Aberdeenshire in the 1901 Census, delivered a motor car from Scotland ( I am sure the Glasgow area) to a Mr Cunningham of The Abbey, Penally, Pembrokeshire, Wales, I think in about 1902. Read More...
Comments

Is this an Argyll?

This is a photo of my grandmother Enid Lilley, probably before WWI.

Is this an Argyll Read More...
Comments

Any current manufacturer of engines

Are there any companies in Scotland currently manufacturing (IC) engines? Read More...
Comments

Burt Single Sleeve Vale Engine

I have just been sent a photocopy with more information on the Burt Single Sleeve Valve engine. Read More...
Comments

Value of 1912 14hp Colonial Argyll

I am a proud owner of a 1912 14HP "Colonial" body Argyll. It is presently in an unrestored state with the engine out of the car and the rear axle disassembled. Read More...
Comments

Argyll Motors Catalogue

I am helping a friend to dispose of a mointain of stuff he has collected over the years and amongst the many items is a catalogue of the Argyll Motors Company.
Read More...
Comments

1909 Argyll how much is it worth?

If I had a 1909 Argyll sitting in my shed under a blanket; how much would it be worth? Read More...
Comments
© 2009-16 Ken McEwen Contact Me